The Day We Left

The Day We Left
Hindmarsh Island in Background

Thursday, May 20, 2010

Newcastle - I Love the lakefrontages here

The drive to Newcastle didn't take long and we stuffed up and booked into the wrong caravan park.The one we stayed in I wouldn't recommend to anyone unless they have money to waste. They charge more for friday, saturday and sunday nights than weekdays. The park had one other caravan there yet they were still charging another $10 a day for water front sites which were some 50 yards back from the water.
They were renovating the amenities block so 2 days we werent able to have showers. It was all pretty appalling slugging full rates but not providing the amenities you paid for.
Anyway we only stayed there of a night so it didnt matter much but $46 a night was bloody expensive.
We travelled the west side of Lake Macquarie and saw some great homes, amazing steep driveways and some fantastic waterfrontages. Great place to live for lake use if you can put up with the traffic.
Sandy's aunt and uncle had moved to a retirement village since we saw them last and it was very impressive with lots of privacy, plenty of open space, community facilities and also had lake frontage. I was ready to move into one of the waterfront homes in the estate except for the price.
We travelled around the whole lake which is some 120klms, did some shopping, went to the doctors for tests and checkup which was much better than I was expecting. The doctor was a white south african and very thorough with no hurry.
Our major purchase while in Newcastle was my OZPIG. I wont try to explain what it is but will get a pic on. I will say it does heating, cooking, roasts, bakes, fries and is bloody wonderful. Can't wait to use it !
After 5 days in Newcastle it was again time to leave and head for Wollongong south of Sydney.

No comments:

Post a Comment